Division for Multilingual and Cultural Education
The Division for Multilingual and Cultural Education consists of the faculties of English, German, French, Chinese, Korean and Japanese language from the departments of Literature, Law, and Education. All the faculties of this division are united as one to deal with problems and future prospects regarding the foreign language education of Kumamoto University. The division is trying to achieve sophistication and optimization of Kumamoto University’s foreign language and global education and to strongly propel the globalization of the University by the synergy of these two improvements.
The Division for Multilingual and Cultural Education offers Japanese classes as below for our students and researchers.
“Japanese Classes Guidebook” Spring semester 2022 (in English) ※Application starts from April 1, 2022
Japanese Language Classes
Undergraduate students, including students in the Short-Term Exchange Program and students in the Japanese Studies Program students may enroll in most of these classes for academic credits. The classes are also available to audit as non-credit for graduate students, special auditors/special research students in graduate schools, research students, and researchers.
Registration information by student status
- Undergraduate Students (Japanese version Only)
- Special Undergraduate Auditors (Japanese version Only)
- Japanese Study Program Students (Japanese version Only)
- Graduate Student/Research Students/Others）(English version )
★Japanese Language Course Application (Moodle）※Application fr spring has been closed. The fall application will be announced in the early September.
※You will need KU portal ID&PW to log in.
If you do not have one or do not know your Id due to your new registry to KU, please inform us via web inquiry form above.
* If you are a new student yet do not know your ID and PW, please ask the timing of receiving them to your faculty office in a meantime.
Intensive Japanese Course
This non-credit course is for “Intensive Japanese Course for Japanese Government Scholarship students”, “Teacher-Training students”, and “Japan-Korea Joint Government Scholarship students.”
- Japanese Language Trainees （←Please click here for the details *English version is coming soon）
Japanese Language Course for Beginners
This non-credit course is designed to help obtain the basic Japanese language skills required in daily lives for Kumamoto University students, researchers and their spouses.
- Japanese Language Courses for Beginners Calendar *Updated!
- Japanese Language Course for Beginners Flyer *The deadline has been changed!!!! Application deadline for STEP1: Thursday, June 2. For STEP2:Friday, July 15.
- Japanese Language Courses for Beginners Application (Moodle) *If you are a non-registered person as such as student’s spouse, please inform us via inquiry form first.
Inquires, News & Events
News & Events
Learning Commons (Communication + Japanese)
Kumamoto University Learning Commons provides learning supports such as practices of Japaneses language communication, understanding Japaneses culture and habits, preparation for JLPT, and job hunting methods, for the international students by Global Student Assistant (GSA) with CDP+K Office. Mainly it opens during weekdays in the late afternoon, and there are 1371 participants in 2019 academic year and 359 participants by Zoom in 2020.